An ISA is one of the most popular products for tax-efficient investment. In the current tax year, you can invest up to £15,240.
Our stocks and shares ISA is a tax-efficient investment account that lets you put money into a range of different investments, including unit trusts and open-ended investment companies (OEICs) as well as cash. You’ll benefit from any growth of these investments, or any income from them, free of personal tax.
The Old Mutual Wealth ISA is exclusively available through financial advisers. Here are some more details you need to be aware of.
- To hold a stocks and shares ISA, you need to be aged 18 or over and be resident in the UK.
- A stocks and shares ISA is usually considered a medium to long-term investment – that’s at least 5 years.
- As with any investment product, the value of your ISA could go up or down. It could be worth less than you paid in.
- For the 2016/2017 tax year, the total ISA allowance is £15,240. You must invest your allowance by 5th April (tax year end) or you’ll lose it.
- You can choose to split your allowance between cash and stocks and shares ISAs and also transfer your savings or investments from one provider to another.
- The favourable tax treatment for ISAs in general depends on your individual circumstances so it’s best to discuss these with your financial adviser.
If you invest in an Old Mutual Wealth stocks and shares ISA, you will get access to our investment technology enabling you and your adviser to hold, monitor and manage your ISA – and any other fund-based investments you have with Old Mutual Wealth. So as your circumstances and goals change, you can change the investments held in your ISA accordingly.