An ISA is one of the most popular products for tax-efficient investment. In the 2018/19 tax year you can invest up to £20,000 in an ISA.
Our stocks and shares ISA is a tax-efficient investment account that lets you put money into a range of different investments, including unit trusts and open-ended investment companies (OEICs) as well as cash. You’ll benefit from any growth of these investments, or any income from them, free of personal tax.
The Old Mutual Wealth ISA is available through financial advisers. Here are some more details you need to be aware of.
- To hold a stocks and shares ISA, you need to be aged 18 or over and be resident in the UK.
- A stocks and shares ISA is usually considered a medium to long-term investment – that’s at least 5 years.
- As with any investment product, the value of your ISA could go up or down. It could be worth less than you paid in.
- For the 2018/2019 tax year, the total ISA allowance is £20,000. You must invest your allowance by 5 April (tax year end) or you’ll lose it.
- You can choose to split your allowance between different types of ISA in the same tax year. You can also transfer your savings or investments from one provider to another.
- ISAs generally benefit from favourable tax treatment, but the tax benefits for you depend on your individual circumstances so it's best to discuss these with your financial adviser.
If you invest in an Old Mutual Wealth stocks and shares ISA, you will get access to our investment technology enabling you and your adviser to hold, monitor and manage your ISA – and any other fund-based investments you have with Old Mutual Wealth. So as your circumstances and goals change, you can change the investments held in your ISA accordingly.
If you already hold an Old Mutual Wealth ISA, and would like discuss making a further investment into your ISA, please speak to your financial adviser.