Some of our plans provide cover if you (or your children) suffer from an illness or disability. These plans can include:
- critical illness cover (either as a standalone policy or combined with life insurance)
- total permanent disability benefit (an optional benefit you may have as part of your life insurance or critical illness policy)
- terminal illness (some life insurance policies will include this)
- premium protection benefit / waiver of premium (which is an optional benefit whereby we pay your policy’s premium if you become unwell).
To make a claim under one of these policies, please contact us for more information and for a claim form.
If you are unsure whether your critical illness policy covers the condition you are claiming for we have a policy finder tool which will help you see what you’re covered for.
What happens when you contact us?
To begin with we will need your details and the number of the policy you wish to claim under. We’ll let you know what you’re covered for and talk you through the process of making a claim. Here are some of the things you can expect us to ask you for:
- A completed assessment form (this gives us details of what is wrong with the person needing to claim).
- Medical reports from the GP and specialists treating the illness/disability.
- Evidence of the date of birth of the person the claim relates to (if we have not had this before).
- A completed payment form, which we will send you when you contact us.
Who can make a claim?
Policyholders or, if the policyholder is unable to, an individual with Power of Attorney can contact us about making a claim.
If your policy is not included in this section or you have further questions please contact us.