Print Share

Making a complaint

We strive to do everything we can to ensure things run smoothly but regrettably there may be times when you feel you do not receive the service you expect from Old Mutual Wealth. In the first instance we would ask that you call us as most concerns and issues can be resolved by speaking to a member of our team directly. If, however, you wish to make a formal complaint you can do so.

Who to contact

Please write to the Customer Complaints Manager at:
Old Mutual Wealth Head Office
Old Mutual House
Portland Terrace
SO14 7AY

If you’d prefer, you can telephone us on 0808 171 2626. Alternatively, simply enter the details below.

If you are writing to us or contacting us by telephone, it would be helpful if you could provide the relevant policy or account number(s). In all cases, please provide as much information as possible to help us understand your concerns and to assist us with our investigation.

Please note that if your complaint is about the advice you have been given, such as the funds you have invested in or the way in which a product was sold to you, you should direct it to your financial adviser. 

What you can expect from us

Your complaint will be acknowledged, in writing, within five working days of it being received. Under the rules of our regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority, we must fully investigate and respond to complaints within eight weeks of receipt. We aim to do better than this and address your concerns fully at the earliest opportunity. We will contact you again as soon as we are in a position to do so.

Please be aware that more complex complaints may take longer to resolve but we will keep you informed of our progress and give you an indication of when you can expect a final response.

Please be assured that your feedback is welcomed. In our efforts to continually improve the service we provide, we take all complaints seriously, and seek to learn from them.

If you are not happy with the outcome

If your complaint is not dealt with to your satisfaction, you may be able to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) using the contact details given below. The complaint must have been considered by Old Mutual Wealth first, before the Financial Ombudsman Service will consider it.

The Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR
Tel: 0300 123 9123

If you disagree with the decision the FOS makes, your complaint could be pursued as a civil matter through the courts. We would recommend seeking legal advice before taking such action.

If your complaint is about the way in which we have administered your pension, you may be able to refer your case to The Pensions Ombudsman as an alternative, depending on the circumstances. We will let you know if this is the case.

Again, we must have considered your complaint first, before The Pensions Ombudsman will consider it.

The Pensions Ombudsman’s contact details are as follows:

The Pensions Ombudsman
10 South Colonnade
Canary Wharf
E14 4PU
Telephone: 0800 9174487

We will send you details about each service as appropriate.

Other organisations that can help

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)
Staffed mainly by volunteers who are experts in pensions, TPAS is an independent organisation that provides you with free information or guidance concerning your pension arrangements.

TPAS can be contacted at:

The Pensions Advisory Service
11 Belgrave Road
Tel: 0800 0113797


Complaint form

Please note this complaints form is monitored by Old Mutual Wealth's complaints team. Follow the link for the Quilter International website, where you can find each specific region and the relevant complaints process. 

* This field is required