We aim to foster an inclusive culture, which attracts diverse talent, where everyone feels their contribution is valued and diverse perspectives are encouraged, and where all colleagues have the opportunity to reach their full potential. We believe this is good for our people, and helps us deliver better products and services for customers and ultimately helps us build a sustainable business for the future.
The CEO of Old Mutual Wealth is the executive sponsor for inclusion and diversity, and the Executive Committee take collective responsibility and as such inclusion and diversity is incorporated into their personal objectives.
We have an active programme of work to continually improve our approach by fostering an inclusive culture, attracting diverse talent, measuring progress over time and working with others in the industry.
Fostering an inclusive culture
- We aim to build employee awareness of inclusion and diversity, including potential for unconscious bias, through training and through our employee diversity network.
- We will embed flexibility deeper into our culture by promoting our flexible working policies and supporting managers.
Attracting diverse talent
- We aim to attract diverse talent by using a variety of recruitment tools and channels.
- We have adopted a diverse short-list policy for recruitment which we operate on a comply or explain basis.
Measuring performance and progress
- We are enhancing diversity monitoring of applicants and our existing colleagues.
- A priority for us is the gender composition of senior management; as such we have set ourselves a target to achieve 33-40% female representation within senior management* by the end of 2020. (*Executive Committee plus Direct Reports).
Collaborating with others
We are committed to working collaboratively to tackle systemic barriers to diversity within the financial services industry and as such are members of the Diversity Project, Investment 2020 and the ABI’s Talent and Diversity Network.