On 27 March 2018 we changed the name of our group holding company from Old Mutual Wealth Management Limited to Quilter plc. This was carried out in preparation for Quilter plc’s proposed listing on the London and Johannesburg stock exchanges, which we expect to take place in late June 2018.
At a showcase event on 15 November 2017 Paul Feeney, Chief Executive of Old Mutual Wealth, presented a detailed picture and strategic direction of the Old Mutual Wealth business. This included the announcement of Quilter as the new name for the Old Mutual Wealth Group.
It is planned that Quilter plc will be listed independently on the London and Johannesburg stock exchanges, via a scheme of arrangement, with an element of IPO (Initial Public Offering), in late June 2018, subject to regulatory and other approvals.
There will be no change for your clients. In the immediate term our individual business names (such as the Old Mutual Wealth UK Platform) will remain unchanged. The change of group names will be gradual, starting with listing, though you may also see it introduced in one or two places such as our sponsorship.
We intend to rebrand the businesses within the Old Mutual Wealth Group over a period of approximately two years following separation from Old Mutual plc to align them closer to Quilter. We will provide more details as to the timetable for any change to the platform well in advance of it taking place.
What will the various Old Mutual Wealth businesses become known as, over time?
During the two year period following completion of our separation from Old Mutual plc:
- the UK Platform will become Quilter Wealth Solutions
- the UK Heritage Life and Pensions business will become Quilter Life Assurance
- Old Mutual Wealth’s international business will become Quilter International
- Intrinsic will become Quilter Financial Planning
- Old Mutual Wealth Private Client Advisers will become Quilter Private Client Advisers
- our Multi-Asset business will be the first of our businesses to rebrand, by becoming Quilter Investors on 29 June 2018
- Quilter Cheviot will retain its name.
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact your usual Old Mutual Wealth contact or email us here.
Alternatively you can refer to our Q&As: