We now offer additional support for increased anti-money laundering requirements on large cases to help you evidence origins of wealth – an area of increased regulatory focus recently.
Contact our large case support team to avoid ‘reading between the lines’
Sometimes a printed set of guidelines isn’t enough, so when you contact our new mailbox SourceOfWealth@omwealth.com you can talk to us about your large cases on an individual, case-by-case basis. The aim of this service is to assist you with a response within 24 hours and to:
- provide you with guidance as early as possible, ahead of business being placed
- walk you through the requirements and help you to gather information as part of your fact-finding process
- avoid delays in the application process, and awkward client conversations
- call on the expertise of our Risk and Compliance team for further guidance where needed
- ensure your firm adheres to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations.
Origins of wealth evidence
You can find the standard AML requirements noted on our paper and online application forms. In addition to these standard requirements, for large-value client investments, you will need to provide evidence of the origins of the client’s wealth.
Our additional requirements are listed below. We realise that sometimes it’s difficult to pick a specific category. Therefore, we will consider other suitable documentary evidence to demonstrate the origins of the money your client is investing.
These are guidelines only, so please contact our large case support team SourceOfWealth@omwealth.com to discuss your individual case.