Towers Watson quarterly update –
managing online portfolios
When managing optimised portfolios on the platform there are a number of points to consider. Below we list some key considerations when making updates in line with asset allocation changes that may be applied after a quarterly review:
- When a Towers Watson optimised model update takes place, ‘Optimised for Growth’ and ‘Optimised for Yield’ portfolios can be updated to the new model at any time after that date.
- To update the portfolio, select Review Portfolio, choose Edit portfolio from the summary page, and select ‘Re-run asset allocation’ from the Asset Allocation screen.
- If you have set constraints on the ‘Change Target Sector’ screen, then these will be maintained when the portfolio is updated.
- If you select an existing portfolio for a transaction without it being manually updated, the selection will be based on the model as it stood before the quarterly update.
- If you have set constraints on the ‘Change Target Sector’ screen, these will be maintained when the portfolio is updated.
- If you change the constraints on the ‘Change Target Sector’ screen, the portfolio will automatically update to the new allocation, even if you have not chosen the 'Re-run asset allocation' option.
- If the portfolio risk score is adjusted on the Asset Allocation page using the << or >> buttons, then the portfolio will use the new optimised models.
- When the portfolio is updated by either of the above methods, or by selecting ‘Re-run asset allocation’, then the update process cannot be reversed.